Attending the BNP Paribas open in Indian Wells, California is one of the greatest tennis experiences in America! With a slate full of world-class tennis players at a state of the art facility in one of the country’s most serene settings, this tournament will live long in the memory! Here are some tips to help you make the most of your trip:
1. Prepare for the elements – With sunny skies and a dry desert feel, get ready for daytime temperatures in the 70’s and 80’s. However, the nighttime can produce a severe temperature drop so bring some layers and a jacket to brace the cold. During the day, a hat and sunscreen is crucial, and drinking lots of water is highly recommended. Because of the dryness, you will lose lots of liquids, so drink up!
2. Get an autograph of your favorite players – Because the tournament is less crowded than a Grand Slam, the BNP Paribas Open gives attendees the opportunity to meet tennis players and get autographs, especially after practice sessions. Be on the lookout for your favorite stars and bring a pen for them to write with!
3. Bring a car – While you may be staying at a nearby hotel, getting to the grounds can be tricky without your own vehicle. By renting a car you can get to the event easily. Also, you can check out a host of other exciting things in the area like the Joshua Tree National Park, which is fully loaded with beautiful desert scenery!
4. Prepare a schedule of who you want to see – Check out the general schedule here, but also do your due diligence to find out when the players you want to see are playing. By organizing a schedule and sticking to it, you will be able to see all the players you wish to and get the most enjoyment out of the BNP Paribas Open.
5. Savor the experience – This is truly a magical tennis experience. You will be able to watch the greatest players on Earth compete in a wonderful environment. Because of the tournament’s relatively small size, you will also be closer to the action than at any major! Be sure to take pictures, perhaps spot a celebrity, and watch the brilliant game of tennis unfold! We want to hear about your experience, write for us!